T-Shirts That Are Making A Difference- with Build Passions



Hi everyone!

Build Passions designs t-shirts (and much more!) to help start conversations about the
change that is needed in the world. I was able to ask Andy, the founder, a couple of questions about the company, and the answers were as amazing as their t-shirts feel (they're incredibly soft tee's btw i'm obsessed)



I love their tees, and I love their mission even more! Here's is a little bit more about this cool company:


Who are you and what is your role in Build Passions? What inspired Build Passions?

My name is Andy, and I’m based in San Francisco, CA. I was inspired to found Build Passions in mid-2017 after I was about to donate to a large, well known charity. I decided to do a bit of research and I realized that the charity paid their CEO over a million dollars a year and spent under 80% of every dollar they raised on their actual causes!

At the same time, I had been thinking a lot about different ways to combine money with creativity and hard work to deliver more support than I could on my own. It wouldn’t be a surprise to those who know me well that I’m a fan of wearing themed t-shirts. Whether it’s my favorite hot dog stand in East Grand Rapids, a deli in San Francisco or a fishing shop in Montana. I love supporting places I’m passionate about. As I’ve worn these shirts around the world, they have driven countless conversations with strangers who are curious about what is behind that shirt I’m wearing. These experiences formed my belief that a shirt can drive the face-to-face conversation needed to change the world.

All of a sudden it clicked and these two driving factors came together to form Build Passions – a company that does well by doing good. My original goal for Build Passions was to drive more change in the world than I could do on my own. Thanks to the great support we’ve received, we’ve checked that off the list and we’ve set our sights even higher!

How does it work?

We’re centered around researching and selecting the highest-quality and most financially responsible charities that drive change to the people and places that need it the most. 

After selecting a charity, we partner with a bad-a$$ artist who is eager to use their talent to support deserving causes. The artists we partner with are far more talented than our team will ever be so we give them full freedom to make a design that is inspired by the work of the charity.

We bring the designs to life on t-shirts, tank tops, long sleeves, bags, hats and any other products we’d love to use ourselves. After doing a variety of quality control checks, we release the products to the world!

Our loyal customers continue to buy our shirts and for every shirt sold we donate 50% of the profits to the charity that we’ve designed around. Without a doubt, the most satisfying part of my job is being able to support such wonderful and deserving charities around the world.


Where do you hope to see Build Passions in 5 years?

In 5 years I hope Build Passions has provided meaningful support to countless charities around the world. We’d also love to start supporting individual causes and people so that we can have the direct impact on change that we want.

What else can we do to help the causes you have brought to light?


Apart from buying our products or directly supporting the charities we select, there is no better way of driving change than sharing your passion to improve the world with others. Whether it’s creating a conversation when someone asks about your shirt or posting on social media, you never know how far the message will spread.

Check out their Instagram here & their website here.

Also, here is a direct link to the tee I'm wearing here. It is from their Water Mission collection, and 50% of the profit goes to designing, building and implementing safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas!





No comments