5 Things

"MANY HAVE AN IMAGE, FEW GET THE PICTURE."

I saw this quote the other day, and woah. How truthful is that statement?

I think the most common misconception that we have as humans is about someone else.



SO.

There are a lot of new faces swimming around my little corner of the internet.

I thought it would be fun to list 5 random things about me (stuff you hopefully wouldn't be able to guess from Instagram or Facebook or anything like that!)

MY HOPE IS THAT YOU WILL EMAIL ME OR COMMENT OR DM ME WITH 5 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT YOU AS WELL!


The only way to get to know each other is to actually talk.

Not just 'like' & comment with heart eyes on each other's photos, ya know?


Here we gooooo!

1.      MY NAME

It is always SO funny meeting up with someone that found me on Instagram, because they aren’t sure what to call me! My insta handle is Alohi, but my first name is Elise.
I also introduce myself as both. (Identity crisis, anyone?)
I answer to both, though, so yell whatever one comes naturally when you first see me.

Now, for the middle name, let’s just break it down, shall we?
Alohi. Like “aloha” but with an “eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee” sound at the end.
ALOH-EEEEE.

Aulani. Basically just the way it is spelled. Sorry, I can’t give much help on that..
AU-LAWN-EEE.

STREIFF.

WOAH. Here comes the hard one.
Growing up, everyone had a hard time with my maiden name “Carnahan.”

But dang. “Streiff” has blown it out of the water.

It’s cute when people think it’s pronounced STREEFE.

So Cute.

Stop.

It’s actually “strife.”

*Cue all the jokes about what a hard life we have*

I’ve heard it all, yet, somehow it is still such an honor (and shock) every time someone calls me Mrs. Streiff. I love it :)

2.       THE BEST GIFT I’VE EVER RECEIVED

Honestly, my wedding ring. I wanted something original. I believe I described it to my husband as me wanting something like a “classic yet urban hipster without trying too hard.”

So, whatever that means, he nailed it.

3.       MY LOVE LANGUAGE

I don’t ever remember this being a thing until recently, but ISN’T IT SCARY ACCURATE?

So. While Mitch and I were dating, we both took the test.

It really was not even a surprise that both of our love languages are quality time.

It makes total sense.

I feel the most loved when I feel like I have *quality* time with someone.

Nothing makes me more frustrated than feeling like I don’t have that.


Also, I don't get stoked about just spending time with someone. If I don't feel like it has that *quality* aspect, then it frustrates me.

Lucky for me, now all those years of my parents telling me to "stop needing so much attention" is justified.
"MOM it isn't that I want attention. My love language is quality time so I need time spent in a quality kind of way in order for me to show/ feel love."
^That is what I should have been saying all those years.


Lucky for me though, my sweet hubby speaks the same language :)
*And so does Myrtle, our cat.

4. MY FIRST BUSINESS VENTURE

ModeElise was my very first business venture!
I was in high school & looking to make some extra cash, but needing something that had flexible hours.
So I designed and ordered clothing to sale to my friends and family.

Thanks to my loving friends and family, my small little business was quite successful.

I remember spending A LOT of time & energy on it, but loving every second.

I would love to do that again.

One day.

After college.

(Because I’ll magically have more free time then, right?)

5.  A SECRET

(although it isn’t that much of a secret as I don’t try to keep it from anyone)

Drum roll, please...



I'm addicted to stupid dramatic Netflix series that I'm embarrassed to admit to.

Like, there have been many times when a group of 14 year old girls are talking about how much they love a show, and I want to pipe in.

SO. BAD.

But I don’t.
Cause I’m 22.

I work and go to school full-time. I shouldn’t be obsessed with these shows.



BUT OH…

Examples:
Gossip Girl. I started it when I was 16. I have watched the series over probably 12 times with no intentions to ever stop rewatching it. #iloveyouchuck

Vampire Diaries: I’m on the last season. I think about it every day & the characters literally consume my life.

Originals: Finished it. Twice. I daydream about the brothers and New Orleans and one day looking like Hayley.
I can’t think of anymore at the moment, but don’t worry. There's more.



Well, those are 5 quick and fun facts about me!



I love learning about my readers, so PLEASE don’t hesitate to shoot me an email or DM me or comment with 5 fun facts about YOU!

Xx,

E

No comments