25 Days of Christmas Community- Day 10- Rachel



Meet Rachel





1. Tell us a little about yourself!

My fiancé and I got engaged on September 30th and we will be celebrating 7 years together on January 1st. I just finished my undergraduate career at South Dakota State University with a degree in Consumer Affairs and minors in marketing and advertising. I am starting a Masters of Communication graduate program in January. I am from Central Minnesota but I currently live in South Dakota with Jake (my fiancé) and our puppy, Scout. I love going to the local yoga studio in town, going to the gym with Jake, walking Scout, going on coffee dates with friends and spending time with my family. 



2. What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

I absolutely love all things Christmas. Jake's family does a white elephant gift exchange that I can now participate in because we are engaged (which I am thrilled about). My family and I attend church at 10 pm on Christmas Eve and when the service is done, it's Christmas! 😊Then Christmas morning Jake's family has a delicious brunch and my family makes an incredible Christmas dinner. I don't have a singular Christmas tradition but my favorite part is sharing such a beautiful time of year with my two families. 



3. What does Christmas mean to you?

Christmas means spending time with the ones you love and spreading joy to everyone. I firmly believe that this is not just a feeling we should focus on during the month of December. Love, merriment, and joy should be attributes we carry with us throughout the year.



4. If you could share a single piece of advice with everyone this Christmas season, what would it be?

The piece of advice that I would share is that, During a time when our country and world is divided on almost every issue, I think it is crucial that we try to unify by noticing the similarities in each other rather than let the differences pull us apart.









No comments