25 Days of Christmas Community- Day 19- Camille



Meet Camille

Instagram: @cam__shine



1. Tell us a little about yourself!

I’m 22 years old, from Quebec, Canada. I would describe myself as a funny (well I hope I’m not the only one to think that lol), extrovert person. I’m not afraid to say what I think is right. Honesty is a must for me! I’m clearly in love with animals (except spiders and snakes and those scary ones!!!), maybe more than humans sometimes. They have a way to always listen to you and be there for you that us, humans, sometimes lack in. I have two dogs; one sausage dog and one husky-kinda-mix and also a horse; as you can see I’m a big fan of four-legged pals. They are really a part of our family. I loooove to travel, as you are if you are reading this, and now my boyfriend has the same passion as me! I’m so excited for the future, where are we gonna go next, etc :D


2. What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

 My favorite Christmas tradition is probably doing my Christmas tree! I know it sounds cheesy but, it always remembers me when I was young and I was doing our Christmas tree with my mom; she showed me how exactly to put the decorations so that it was perfect, like how to twist the gold ribbons around the tree so that the space between each line was the same. She told me those details made the difference, and it did. Since my grandpa died 3 years ago in December, Christmas isn’t the same in my family. We don’t gather like we used to… But making my Christmas tree with my boyfriend reminds me of the good time, as if nothing had happened and I was still learning tricks from my mom on how to do the perfect Christmas tree.


3. What does Christmas mean to you?

 Christmas means spending time with those I love. As I said before, since my Grandpa isn’t here anymore, it is not the same and never will, but it is nice to remember the amazing celebrations we had in the past. Christmas makes me nostalgic and happy at the same time, because he is not here with us, but still there in our memory.


4. If you could share a single piece of advice with everyone this Christmas season, what would it be?

My advice for the holidays is simple; don’t ruin yourself buying gifts to you family. It is a shame that Christmas became somehow such a commercial holiday, and I think there are a million other ways to show your love than putting yourself in debt. It should be about spending quality time with those you love, going on a walk in the snow, making Christmas cookies, listening to Christmas music, and above all, laughing and telling them you love them.




No comments